The default game mode. Available in both team and free-for-all variants.
- Claim territory to gain ammo, health, and a territorial advantage over your opponents.
- Petrify your enemies before they petrify you.
- Running out of health causes a petrified state with a timer
- When this timer runs out you respawn, each time this timer gets longer
- In team mode, you can shoot a petrified team member to revive them
- The more times they die the more energy it takes to revive them
How to Win:
- Be the last player/team standing
- If time runs out, the player/team who has petrified the most enemies wins
Color Me Infected
Something has gone wrong and Shades have begun to infect each other with Dark Essence. Available in two-team and free-for-all variants.
- Hold off the infected until the end of the match if you are uninfected.
- Spread your infection as much as possible if you are infected.
Free-For-All (FFA) Rules:
- One player is randomly selected to be Patient Zero, whose essence auto-refills much faster than other players. Patient Zero must hunt down and infect as many of the other players as possible.
- Other players operate as normal except they take more damage when attacked by Patient Zero, and will not become petrified by other players if attacked while low on essence.
- Players that get infected join Patient Zero in spreading the infection. Infected players cannot harm each other.
- If an infected player spreads enough of their infected essence to fill their infection meter, they will return to their uninfected state but with low essence. This does not apply to Patient Zero.
- The last uninfected player standing gets special traits to aid in their endeavor to hold off everyone.
- The match ends when either everyone becomes infected or the timer runs out.
- Base rules are the same as FFA.
- Players are divided equally into two teams of carriers and uninfected.
- Carriers do not deal more damage like Patient Zero in FFA, but they still auto-refill their Essence faster than uninfected players, albeit to a lesser extent than in FFA.
- Uninfected players can no longer damage each other, and the amount of essence retained after returning from an infected state is a higher than in FFA.
- Players are ranked by how long they were not infected.
- Patient Zero is ranked by how many players are infected by the end of the match and for how long.
- If everyone is infected, the players that were originally on the carrier team win.
- If the timer runs out, the players that were originally on the uninfected team win.
Your usual game of tag with some colorful additions. Available in free-for-all only.
- When you are 'it', petrify an opponent to make them 'it' instead.
- Whoever is “it” has a minor speed increase and a tag over their head that is always visible.
- The player who is 'it' cannot be petrified. However, other players still can be.
- When you are 'it', petrifying an opponent will pass on your 'it' status to them and petrify them for a moment like normal.
- Player who was 'it' for the least amount of time wins.
Hue, Me, and Them
Similar to the Chroma Crossfire game mode, but players must scramble for survival in multiple rounds.
- Petrify your opponents before they petrify you.
- All players start with low heath and no default weapon
- Find weapon on stage to be able to shoot
- Petrify other players for points
- Last man standing of each round receives a point bonus
- Person with most points after every round wins
Paint the World
The world is so desaturated and Shades have the natural need to spread their Essence to color it. Available in team and free-for-all variants.
- Claim more territory on the map than your opponents!
- Regular base rules as stated in Chroma Crossfire game mode
- When time runs out, the player who has colorized more of the map with their color than each opponent individually wins.